Thursday, June 24, 2010

new york, i love you...


One week from Saturday, I will be arriving in the city that I have longed to visit for years now: New York City. As a huge fan of pop culture, I feel as though I know New York inside and out, but have yet to walk the streets. In a week, that will no longer be true. And I. can't. wait.

This blog is dedicated to prepping my excitement for the places I'm hoping to see. I'll only be there for 24 hours, so this will literally be a little amuse bouche of the city. Or a small tasting for you non-foodies out there!


Broadway
I don't think I'll be able to take it if I go and don't take in a show on this street. The Great White Way has been calling my name for years now. Strong vocalists that can dance and act all in one theater...yes, please!!


Serendipity
I would love to sit and drink a frozen hot chocolate at this New York  staple. Ever since the movie brought the name to us Americans who don't frequent the city, I've been dying to try it!


Gray's Papaya
The hot dogs of Gray's Papaya are legendary and their acclaim was brought my way via the 1999 production of 'You've Got Mail.' Needless to say, I've wanted to go for over 10 years...


Cafe Lalo
This is another 'You've Got Mail' destination. It is the place that Meg Ryan meets NY152 while reading 'Pride and Prejudice.' It was because of that movie that I read that book, which is now my favorite, and I've always wanted to visit this shop.




Central Park
And last, but certainly not least, is this beautiful place. You cannot visit New York City and not visit this park in its heart. In the future, I would love to go back with a blanket, a book, and a great big cup of coffee. For next weekend, I'll just settle for a stroll through...

New York, I already love you and absolutely can't wait to meet you.

No comments: