Saturday, January 29, 2011

deciphering me.



on this warm, bright day i decided to take to the katy trail and pound it out on the pavement. the mission was two-fold. get some exercise and spend some time with jesus. as i walk and have my music turned up, the Lord speaks more clearly than most other times to me. and i needed to hear from him today.

so i set out, began to walk, and turned the music up. as the sun poured out gently and generously and the wind broke forth cautiously at times, the comfort and gravity of the Lord's love for me enveloped my entire being. i could have walked for hours to continue to walk in that space and time of clarity, knowing on a deep level that i am loved and held in that love by something that is not any of my doing, but only by his. i am known and anchored by he who created me and that is the most comforting thing i can think of.

the musical conduit that the Lord used to communicate this message was the australian voice of brooke fraser. her songs 'shadowfeet' and especially 'deciphering me' powered my steps and moved my mind as i walked in the light of the afternoon.



No comments: