Wednesday, January 2, 2013

the year of cooking.

I'm not really into New Years resolutions, but I do generally try to identify if there is an area of my life I would like to work on during the next year. Some may call that a New Years resolution, but whatever. That's too much pressure.

So last year I decided I wanted to exercise more and Voila, I'm running a marathon in April. Exercise goal...check. This year, my focus is cooking. I realized how much I eat out and in opposition how much I enjoy cooking when I actually do take the time to do it. Also, I bought this cookbook, 'The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook' for my mom for Christmas. As I looked through it, I realized how 'do-able' those recipes are and that they all sounded like foods I would eat. There it is. Goal for 2013.

Part of my lack of cooking has always fallen on my excuse that it's hard to cook for only one person. I blame things like not wanting to eat the same thing all week or it spiraling me into a dark depression that I have no one to share this food with. Alas, I no longer feel I can use these excuses and am discarding them as irrelevant.

2013 will be the year of cooking for me. So bring on the cookbooks, blenders, and randomly needed ingredients. Hopefully by this time next year I'll be as satisfied with my progress as I am in the exercise arena from last year.

No comments: