Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Stillness


Well, I've never really thought of myself as a blogger. However, due to the influx of knowledge that I am receiving at school and really no proper outlet in which to express the things in which I am thinking, I decided I might go ahead and give this thing a try.

I'm calling it 'Solace in Stillness' because really, with how busy life is at the current juncture, stillness is a rare commodity, thus providing all the more solace, comfort, peace, etc.

What pushed me over the edge and made me decide to start this today is that I heard a song lyric this morning that I loved and wanted to share. It's from a Watermark song, which, if you know me at all, is pretty typical. I love Watermark. It's like Christy has read what is on my heart and in my mind and put those ideas and thoughts into songs for me. Perfect.

The lyric is from their song 'Still' off of the Constant album. This just might be my favorite song of theirs, although that is such a hard call to make. The first verse of the song goes like this:

"The more I get alone the more I see I need to get alone more
Cause just when I think that I'm alone Your Spirit calls out to me
And even silence has a song cause that's when You come sing over me."

How beautiful is that?! Christy, you're brilliant.

I love the idea of being still and being quiet and allowing the Lord to whisper sweetly to your soul. So often in our busy lives, we are constantly on the go with errands to run, people to see, and tasks to accomplish, that we don't take that time to be still and just simply BE in the presence of the Lord. What sweet and precious times we miss when that happens. I find that so much of the confusion and stress in my life comes when I don't take time to stop, sit, and allow the Spirit to wash over me, providing clarity in comfort in those challenging times. In essence, I think of myself as sufficient to handle the stress. How wrong I am. Basically, I agree with Christy. 'The more I get alone the more I see I need to get alone more.' It can't be said any better than that.

Solace in stillness is one of the many comforts our loving Father provides His children. What a precious gift.

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." -Psalm 46:10

1 comment:

Jon David Tettleton said...

hey chica!

good to see that you are a blogger now. i too, needed an outlet, and it's great to write! i like your thoughts. keep 'em comin.