Monday, October 29, 2007

Thanks and Gig'em


I went back to College Station this past weekend to go watch my Ags BTHO KU. While the results of the football game were quite disappointing, I was reminded yet again just how much I love my school. With all the traditions, friendly people, and a mindset of a time much simpler, it is such a safe haven in such an in-your-face world.

There really is no place quite like Texas A&M University and I am so thankful that it was in that place that the Lord placed me for my four years of college.

There is no real way for me to begin to describe what makes this place so special to so many. You just have experience it.

One small example that made me smile this weekend happened before the football game Saturday afternoon. One of the people that went down with us was someone's family member from Kansas. Decked out in his blue and red, Steven was very obviously a KU fan amongst the sea of maroon. And yet, rather than heckle him like so many other college campuses would have done, an old Ag who looked like he belonged to a class from the 1940's approached Steven and said, " Son, we're glad to have you here." I just looked on and smiled. With its down-home feel, Aggieland waits eagerly with open arms to welcome all who come to visit.

God bless Texas A&M and my Aggies. Thanks and gig'em. Whoop.

1 comment:

Jason Seville said...

Wow - that's pretty classy. At WVU, that guy would have been lucky to escape with his life. Good to hear some fans still have some common sense and decency!